Artistes at the media preview yesterday
Photo Credits: AFA
Singapore, 8 November 2013 – Anime Festival Asia, South-east Asia’s largest premium experiential festival for Japanese Popular Culture returns for its 6th year today. For the first time, exhibition grounds, stage and concert halls are open for all three days from 8 to 10 November 2013 at Suntec Singapore Convention and Exhibition Centre. Jointly organised by Japanese investors Dentsu Inc & Zepp Live Entertainment, and Singapore-based organiser SOZO, Anime Festival Asia 2013 expects to welcome over 80,000 local and overseas visitors.
The festival started off by giving visitors a rare treat with a preview appearance of more than 10 special guests, artistes and celebrity cosplayers on stage this afternoon. Crowds cheered and snapped photos as the festival stars shared their excitement and thoughts of performing at the festival.
This year’s highlights include:
- I Love Anisong Concerts and Valvrave Night: VIP tickets for Saturday and Sunday’s performances had sold out two weeks ahead of the festival. The first night of I Love Anisong will include the world’s first EGOIST concert, prominent music creators Hachioji P, livetune, and motsu x DJ Kaya, and home-grown idol Valerie’s soloperformance. Saturday’s I Love Anisong will feature music divas LiSA, May’n and Eir Aoi. On Sunday, the first ever special concert dedicated to “Valvrave The Liberator” will feature angela, T.M.Revolution, and Elisa. The night’s special guest performer, Nana Mizuki, will make her overseas debut. There will also be a special stage segment featuring voice actors Ryouta Ousaka and Ryohei Kimura.
- Featured Anime: Anime lovers can look forward to appearances and in-depth discussions by the creative teams of some of the hottest anime titles. The world premiere of Noragami’s first episode will be showcased in the festival. A dedicated Experience Zone for Japan’s top anime title, Shingeki No Kyojin, will include exclusive merchandise as well as the world’s only 1:1 Scale Titan head at the photo zone.
- Cosplay: A multi-national cast of celebrity cosplayers will dazzle visitors with their cosplay during the festival. AFA Regional Cosplay Competition, featuring competitors from Vietnam for the first time, will see the best cosplayers battle it out for the prestigious title.
- Festival Hits Returns: The ever-popular Akiba Town will offer an extensive array of merchandise and collectibles for shoppers. Diners can look forward to AFA Café, which combines the Moe Moe Kyun Maids Café team with the Atelier Royale Butler team for a refreshing experience. The Creators Hub’s showcase of talent and Mini Stage’s activities are set to keep visitors engaged at every turn.
- Anime Festival Asia 2013 will open from 11am to 9pm on 8th November, and 9am to 9pm on 9 and 10 November. Tickets for the festival, concerts and related showcases can be purchased at the events grounds.
For more information on the festival and the event schedule, members of the public can check out www.animefestival.asia/afa13/ and www.facebook.com/animefestivalasia.